This past weekend was one of WWE’s most popular main events, the Royal Rumble. As well as a string of high profile matches it also features the 30-man over-the-top-rope Rumble match itself, with the winner getting a shot at the WWE Heavyweight title at the premier event Wrestlemania later this year.
It’s an amazing spectacle and I won’t spoil it for those yet to see it by revealing who won – but it was a shock to me! Anyway, Sunday saw me perusing the American Soda Twitter feed when I stumbled across a Tweet by Brian Giddens (@Giddens25) with THIS pic – and it had me salivating:
— Brian Giddens (@Giddens25) January 29, 2017
I immediately reached out to Brian to ask if he’d share the recipe with us…which he was more than happy to do, so here it is. It’s one I’ll be trying out…and that’s the bottom line… 😉
JR’s BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 x Pork Shoulder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp of JR BBQ Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Can of Coke (Optional)
- JR’s BBQ Sauce
- Mix well the salt, pepper, seasoning, sugar and paprika in a bowl and coat the meat well with the mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with a can of coke. (This is optional but feel this gives a little more suppleness to the meat)
- Place coated pork shoulder in the slow cooker and turn on to low for 8 hours. Ensure you baste regularly.
- When you remove from the slow cooker the fat should easily come away and pull the meat apart with two forks. Once pulled, pour and mix in some of JR’s BBQ sauce. As much or as little as you like. Drain the juices from the slow cooker away but leave a slightly small amount at the bottom.
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker and utilise the keep warm or low options.
- Serve with coleslaw/stuffing/apple sauce in buns.
Doesn’t that sound freakin’ awesome, as our American friends would say? A HUGE thanks to Brian for sharing it with us…could be a Wrestlemania meal, that one!