Miracle Whip is one of our most popular products but many non-American customers aren’t too sure what it is, let alone what to do with it! That’s why we’ve created this guide with three amazing recipes for you to try out. But first…
Miracle Whip – What is it?
Miracle Whip is a dressing that is very reminiscent of mayonnaise – with two key differences. First, it has less oil than mayonnaise (which is why it’s NOT a mayo!) and secondly, it’s slightly sweeter and spicier than ‘standard’ mayo.
It can be used in savoury and sweet dishes alike, as you’re about to find out, so is incredibly versatile as an ingredient. No household should be without a jar!
Miracle Whip has legions of fans in America who prefer it over mayo – and to be honest, we can see why. So…what can you do with it?
(All recipes/photos courtesy of kraftrecipes.com)
Peachy Bacon Sarnies
- 2 tbsp of MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 tsp of hot chili sauce
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon
- Salad rocket leaves
- Mix the Miracle Whip with the hot chilli sauce until blended.
- Spread the mixture on two slices of toasted Italian bread.
- Layer a slice with bacon, then peach slices, then rocket and top with the other slice.
Most-Requested Chocolate Cake
- 10oz Unsweetened Chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 cups MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 6 oz. chocolate as directed on package; cool. Meanwhile, beat Miracle Whip, brown sugar and 2 tsp. vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Beat in eggs and melted chocolate. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to chocolate mixture alternately with boiling water, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into 2 parchment-lined 9-inch round pans sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks. Immediately remove parchment. Cool cakes completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave remaining chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted, stirring every 30 sec. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and remaining vanilla to butter mixture; beat until blended. Use to fill and frost cake layers.
Miracle Whip Slaw Burgers
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, divided
- 1 pack of (14 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can (8 oz.) of crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp of hot chili sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (160ºF).
- Combine remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients except buns.
- Fill buns with burgers and coleslaw.
So there you have it. Three great ways to use Miracle Whip – sure, it’s a mayo replacement but it can be used for so much more thanks to its sweeter and spicier taste. Now go get your own and get creative in the kitchen – American-style!