I don’t know about you, but I do like enjoying a really good cup of coffee at a coffee shop. It feels really American and European at the same time to me, depending on your choice of drink.
It’s annoying you can’t get the same type of drinks at home, with ease and little expense. Oh, wait…you can! Here’s a few coffee shop style drinks that you CAN make at home. Enjoy!
Skinny Caramel Frappaccino
Two-step recipe from Averie Cooks.
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- 1 cup of cold Dunkin’ Donuts coffee
- 1/2 a cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce
- Combine ice, coffee, vanilla almond milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into mugs or jars, top with whipped cream and add a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Refreshing and delicious, this is one coffee recipe that looks and taste likes it was made by a barista…but it was YOU!
Nutella Hazelnut Coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Folgers coffee
- 1 1/2 cup of Nutella
- Sugar to taste
- Jet Puff Mini Marshmallows
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Blend milk, coffee, Nutella and sugar in a blender until the Nutella is mixed in well and the milk is frothy.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat on a medium heat until the milk simmers.
- Pour into a cup, top with mini marshmallows and a drizzle with chocolate syrup.
A winter warmer you’d swear came from Starbucks…but nope, again, you made it yourself!
Starbucks Strawberries & Creme Frappaccino
One for the kids (as well as you) from Passion for Savings.
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 1/4 of a cup of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Whipped Cream
- Blend all the ingredients except the whipped cream in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with a little extra strawberry syrup (optional).
Totally refreshing frappaccino both you and the kids will love.
So…there’s three coffee shop quality drinks you can make and enjoy at home. Do you have any suggestions for coffee related recipes that can be made at home?