You might remember a few weeks ago I shared a Breakfast Pizza recipe with you that was totally awesome. Well, I’ve only gone and found another…and this one has a hash brown crust!
Courtesy of The Gunny Sack (as are all images in this post), this is really easy to make IF you can find shredded hash browns somewhere. I couldn’t, but I reckon you could just grate your own potatoes and squeeze out the water using kitchen towel. You’ll need quite a few, as it makes the entire pizza base. Once you’ve done that, you’re all set.
Breakfast Pizza with a Hash Brown Crust
- Shredded hash browns (or your own grated potato)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 of tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices of bacon
- ½ cup of diced ham
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Spread the shredded hash browns out on a stoneware pizza pan and press into a crust shape.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, fry 8 slices of bacon and scramble the 3 eggs.
- Remove the crust from the oven and sprinkle with the scrambled eggs.
- Next, crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the eggs.
- Follow the bacon with the diced ham and any other toppings you fancy – mushrooms, tomato, whatever works for you that will stand baking.
- Top it all with shredded cheese.
- Return the breakfast pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
Remove, slice and serve. Easy as that and, of course, you don’t have to eat it for breakfast. Makes a great dinner too!
Top Tip: If you want to spice things up a little, once the pizza is out of the oven give it a light drizzle with one of these great hot sauces.