Father’s Day is just around the corner (you didn’t forget, did you?!) so why not treat your old man to a slap up meal on Sunday?
This recipe from Witty in the City is a real man-pleaser – hence the rather obvious name – and it’s really easy to make too. 🙂
You could serve this with an ice cold glass of root beer – and we’ve got Dad’s Old Fashioned Root Beer at 30% OFF this week only – just in time for Father’s Day!
Let’s get stuck in.
- Chicken thighs – 1 package
- Dijon mustard – 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Rice/rice wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 C / Gas Mark 8)
- Mix 1/2 a cup of Dijon mustard with 1/4 cup of Maple syrup and a tablespoon of rice or rice wine vinegar.
- Put 1.5lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs into a foil lined 8×8″ baking dish (two thighs per person will do it).
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper.
- Pour your mustard/maple sauce mixture over the meat and turn, making sure they are fully coated.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the meat is 165 degrees F (use a meat thermometer). Baste the tops with the mixture half way through.
- Remove the chicken to plates and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the remaining sauce and spoon over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and serve with new potatoes and veg of your choice.
Sounds good, looks great and your dad will love you for it!