When you’re stuck for something to serve up for dinner I can highly recommend this recipe – tried and tested by yours truly many times. It’s incredibly simple, really quick to prep and cook and should satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
Images courtesy of The Enchanted Cook
Parmesan Coated Chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons Progresso Plain Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 C / Gas Mark 7).
- Put the Parmesan cheese and mayo in a bowl and mix gently.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts to make them thinner, cutting them in half.
- Evenly spread the mayo/Parmesan mixture across each of the four halves of chicken breast.
- Sprinkle each evenly with the Progresso bread crumbs.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. The top should be nicely browned, the chicken still moist.
- Season as desired with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve with your choice of veggies.
See how simple that is? It’s a great recipe to use after a long day at work when cooking dinner feels like a chore too far but you’ve got a hungry family waiting.
It also makes for a perfect dinner for just the two of you with a nice bottle of white wine. I suggest a Pinot Grigio. Remember, tried and tested… 😉