It’s been a while since I posted a Let’s Bake! recipe and it’s high time I brought it back. So I’m going to kick off with a low carb, gluten free, vegetarian cake that can be ready to eat in 20 minutes. Not bad, eh!
The blog itself is well worth checking out if you are after low carb, gluten free recipes. There’s LOADS on there! But on with this one…
Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- Low Carb Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 4 small (about 1/2 cup capacity each) ramekins very well. I used both butter AND coconut oil spray.
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Cook on high in 30 second increments until melted. Stir together until smooth.
- Whisk in powdered sweetener until smooth. Whisk in eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Then whisk in almond flour until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared ramekins and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until sides are set but the center still jiggles a bit. Remove and let cool a few minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the inside of the ramekin to loosen the cakes. Cover each with an upside-down plate and flip over to turn the cake out onto the plate (you may need to give it one good shake, holding the plate and ramekin together tightly).
- Drizzle with low carb chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Serves 4. Each serving has 4.48 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 387kcal Total fat: 35.02g Calories from fat: 315 Cholesterol: 215mg Carbohydrate: 6.41g Total dietary fiber: 1.93g Protein: 10.44g
Sounds amazing, right? Now have a look at WHY it’s called Molten Lava Cake…