Be it Thanksgiving or Christmas, you are bound to have leftover turkey hanging around your fridge and typically it gets turned into the most mundane turkey sandwich, either with leftover stuffing or leftover cranberry sauce.
But what if you could turn your leftover turkey into a fresh, vibrant and delicious salad that even during the winter months is as satisfying as it is tasty?
Well, we’re here to tell you you can – and it’s really easy. Like this…
Leftover Turkey Salad
- 2 cups of diced leftover turkey
- 1 cup of cubed apples
- 1/2 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 3/4 cups of light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Put the turkey, apple, cranberries and almonds in a bowl.
- Add the honey and stir until well mixed.
- Throw in the salt, pepper and rosemary and give it another stir round.
- Gently fold in the sour cream.
- Refrigerate for an our or so to let the flavours combine.
- Serve on its own as a side dish or on a bed of green salad leaves as a main course.
There you go. A new and flavourful way to use up all that leftover Thanksgiving / Christmas turkey. Utterly delicious!