Meat loaf is one of those American dishes that has a lot of people this side of the pond scratching their heads. What is it? How does it taste? What does it even look like?
The clue, of course, is in the name. Meat loaf is a loaf-shaped chunk of meat. But there’s waaaaay more to it than that! So here’s what we want you to do. We want you to make it. Specifically, we want you to try your hand at WWE Hall of Famer-turned-grill king Jim “JR” Ross’ Muskogee Meat Loaf.
(FYI: Muskogee is a city in Oklahoma, JR’s home state.)
- 1 1/2 lbs of ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup Manero’s steak sauce*
- 1/2 cup Peter Luger steak sauce*
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sea salt and coarse ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup JR’s BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1/4 cup Heinz ketchup
* If you can’t find these brands of steak sauce, use a couple from our range of sauces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all the ingredients except the ketchup well
- Pack mixture into an 8-9″ loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and drain off the fat
- Top with the ketchup and bake for 15 more minutes
- Serve hot
WIN: Signed JR’s Cookbook & Sauces & Seasonings Pack
Your chance to win an amazing prize – a personally signed copy of JR’s Cookbook and a pack of his sauces and seasoning to get you grilling like a pro! ENTER HERE.