This is a real twist on the traditional s’mores, introducing fruit to the mix for a slightly healthier option that tastes fantastic. It’s perfect for the kids this summer.
American Soda Shopping List
Banana Boat S'mores
A fruity twist on delicious s'mores!
Write a review
- 6 ripe firm large bananas, unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons of Solo Marshmallow Creme (or Toasted Marshmallow Creme)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (or any nut of your choice)
- Cut 6 12-inch square sheets of heavy-duty foil.
- Heat up your grill (BBQ or gas, either work!) or heat your oven to 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4).
- With sharp knife, make a deep lengthways cut along the inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open slit to form pocket.
- Crimp and shape one sheet of foil around each banana, forming boats.
- Holding each banana in hand, fill pocket with 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of Solo Marshmallow Creme and about half a heaped teaspoon of chopped pecans or other nut of your choice.
- Return each banana to its foil boat and seal the top of the foil, leaving 2 to 3 inches headspace. Place on the grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until marshmallow begins to brown and the chocolate melts. It may take a couple more minutes if you're using the oven to bake.
- Using Solo Toasted Marshmallow Fluff will add a toasted flavour without grilling, so you may only need to grill until the chocolate melts.
- Other nuts that work well are almonds, and chopped walnuts - or no nuts at all if you're allergic!
American Soda https://blog.americansoda.co.uk/