A great way to add some zest to king prawn kebabs is by using Heinz 57 Sauce and just a few other ingredients. These can be cooked under the grill or on the BBQ…if the sun is out, we strongly recommend the latter! Either way, you’re going to love this for dinner. Maybe with some kind of rice dish?
American Soda Shopping List
Ok, time to marinade!
- 1/4 cup of Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 24 raw, peeled & de-veined king prawns
- Add the Heinz 57 Sauce, wine, olive oil, lemon juice and basil to a bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour into a large resealable food or freezer bag and add the prawns.
- Seal the bag and shake gently until the prawns are well covered.
- Put the bag into the fridge and allow to marinade for at least an hour.
- When you're ready to grill the prawns, remove from the fridge and thread the prawns onto skewers - 4 or 6 prawns to a skewer. Keep the leftover marinade!
- Place the skewers on the BBQ / under the grill and cook for around 5-7 minutes or until cooked through, turning regularly.
- Use the leftover marinade to baste the prawns in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve with a salad or flavoured rice!
- You can replace the fresh basil with a 1/4 cup of dried basil.
- If you're using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water beforehand to make sure they don't burn on the heat.