When we stumbled across this little beauty we had to read it twice. Why? Because what you DON’T expect in a BBQ meatball recipe is grape jelly! But here it is, thanks to Welch’s (though we’ve adapted it to use our favourite grape jelly and BBQ sauce…and we have to say, it sounds absolutely delicious. Will you be brave enough to try it?
American Soda Shopping List
And here’s how it’s done…
- 12oz of Smucker's Concord Grape Jelly
- 1 cup of Budweiser BBQ Sauce
- 12 homemade or pre-prepared meatballs
- Put the grape jelly and BBQ sauce in a saucepan.
- Heat over a medium heat, stirring until the jelly has melted.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan
- Cook over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure the meatballs are probably glazed and hot throughout.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve on skewers for easy eating!
- You can, of course, use any concord grape jelly and BBQ sauce you like!