This is a nice easy recipe that’s both healthy (relatively speaking!) and delicious. You can’t beat a pasta salad in the summer and this one is really packed with flavour. It’s guaranteed to fill you up too!
American Soda Shopping List
Ready? Let’s get prepping!
- 12 ounces of uncooked tri-color pasta
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4.25 ounces of sliced black olives
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil a pan of slightly salted water and cook the tri-colour pasta until just tender (about 8 minutes).
- Place bacon in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and garlic pepper.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Place pasta, bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- If the salad is a little dry, toss again with a bit of additional milk.
- Feel free to swap out some ingredients for choices of your own - for example use whole cherry tomatoes instead of chopped or alter the amount of ranch dressing mix to taste.