Very soon we will have the majority of our baking products back in stock, including a wide range of cake mixes from which you can bake some amazing creations.
To celebrate, we’re launching a regular feature here on our blog called Let’s Bake! We’re going to kick things off ahead of our major restock with a delicious cake you can make right now. So…let’s bake!
Lemon Buttermilk Cake
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 24 approx.
- 1 box of Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of shortening
- 1/3 cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350°F (180°C / Gas Mark 4). Spray the bottom and sides of a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with baking spray and flour.
- In a large bowl, mix your cake ingredients with an electric mixer on a low speed for about 30 seconds, then on medium speed for a further two minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Pour your cake mixture into your baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool for about an hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix the frosting ingredients on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You can add more lemon juice if required.
- Spread over your cake. Store loosely covered.
A really simple, delicious cake in which buttermilk makes all the difference!