No Easter meal is complete without a worthy dessert and we reckon this no bake chocolate cake is the ideal choice. Not only is it seriously simple to make but it tastes delicious and it’s one you can get the kids involved with too! It takes about 15 minutes to prepare, then it’s just a case of letting it all set until you come to slicing it up and serving! All credit to BakingMad.com where we found this delight of a recipe! Let’s get on with it.
This is the important part, because when it comes to the method you really can’t go wrong! So make sure you’ve got this lot and you’re all set.
- 200g of milk chocolate morsels
- 100g dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 110g of unsalted butter
- 50g of unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- 110g of shortbread biscuit, broken up
- 110g of glacé cherries
- 75g of roasted whole hazelnuts
- 75g of roughly chopped pecan nuts
- 1 small bag of Maltesers, roughly chopped
- Melt the chocolate, sugar and butter in a bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Line an 18″ round baking tin with non stick baking paper and pour in the mixture, pressing down gently.
- Leave at room temperature to set.
- Once firm and cool, remove from the baking tin, peel away the paper and slice to serve.
A very simple recipe to sweeten up your Easter!