Eggnog: Not Just for Christmas
Now that Borden Premium Eggnog is back at American Soda – permanently and all year round – we reckon it’s time for a bit of “egg”-ucation on its many uses. Because believe us, eggnog is NOT just for Christmas!
Obviously the most common use for eggnog is at Christmas – a splash of rum or brandy added to it makes for a very festive and merry beverage indeed. But what can else can you do with it that doesn’t a) involve alcohol or b) require the holiday season?
Here’s 10 tips for you to try.
- Add to coffee – eggnog makes a superb milk substitute in coffee, or you can even mix it with milk and produce an eggnog latte. Like this.
- Make icing for cakes – using powdered sugar, a few tablespoons of eggnog and a dash of vanilla extract produces a brilliant icing mixture for decorating cupcakes and the like!
- French toast – however you make your French toast, you can swap the milk out and bring in the eggnog to create a seriously delicious version you’ll love.
- Cake (and baking) – using eggnog in place of or alongside normal milk in baking recipes is a real treat. Give this Eggnog Pound Cake a try and see what we mean!
- Pancakes, crepes and waffles - again, use eggnog instead of milk when making these items and you’ll not want to go back. A rich and tasty breakfast, that’s for sure!
- Smoothies – of COURSE you can use eggnog in smoothies. Any smoothies. Just experiemnt and see which you like best!
- Syrup – yep, you read right. Accompany those eggnog pancakes with eggnog syrup – like this!
- Rice pudding – are you getting the gist yet? If a recipe involves milk, you can usually use eggnog! Rice pudding is no exception. Give this one a try.
- Bread pudding – a great way to use up leftover bread and eggnog. Bread pudding is gorgeous. Just substitute half the milk for eggnog. Not a clue how to make it? Here you go!
- Oatmeal – finally, liven up your morning bowl of oatmeal or porridge with a splash of eggnog. It makes it super rich and creamy!
So there you go – there’s more than one use for eggnog and they don’t need it to be December! Treat yourself to a carton of Borden Premium Eggnog now and give a few of them a try – you WILL love it!
Leave a Reply